Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Frogs, Rocks and a Blazer

Guess who found herself a camera?

That, my dears, would be me! WARNING: I'm very much an amateur, so please bear with me for a while. I proooomise I'll get better, guys. So, without further ado, here's a post!

(Silly camera, its not 2009!)

A few days ago, we went to a lil' park near my extremely suburban homestead. I'm talking SUV's, an abundance of IGA's and peewee soccer games around just about every corner. Tucked between two rows of bright red, stereotypically new condos was this gem!



Actually, the word "gem" doesn't quite fit. See, it's a man-made lake. And when I say man-made, I mean, designed by architects and other adult people who use phrases like "modern twist" or "Let's put an avant-garde aluminium statue in this patch of trees, the people will just love it." Still, a lake is a lake, so we might as well just enjoy it, right? Right!




We  even met this little crayfish nemesis! I say nemesis because I believe these little crustaceans are the most terrifying, heart-stoppingly freaky (for lack of a better word) creatures in the world, and therefore cannot be trusted one bit. I suppose it's a blessing my camera takes such horrible quality pictures, since a blurry crayfish is worlds better than a clear crayfish, in my books.



On a less childhood-scarring note, we also found a skittish frog, as well as a friendly one! If you're wondering, their names were Percival and Rupert, respectively. Unfortunately, due to (more) camera troubles, Rupert won't be appearing in this post, but we'll be sure to give him a nice little spot on our Odd Birds Flickr account, as he was quite the cutie.




Afterwards, we took a run over to the other side of the lake to see Isabeau et les Chercheurs d'Or, a bluegrassy, Quebec folk band. If you're interested, you can check them out by clicking on this here link.

Don't you just love the guy in the brown corduroy blazer?

The music was fun and varied, but I must admit my favourite part of the evening was the audience! Yes, watching the watchers is a bit strange, but there were so many joyous young 'uns dancing about, I just couldn't help myself. I toyed with the notion of stealthily snapping a picture of a curly-haired little whippersnapper dancing to and fro on a picnic blanket, but taking pictures of tykes without first asking for permission just seemed so wrong and suspicious that I soon decided against it. 



And with that, I'm out of not-ridiculously-pixelated-and-embarassing-photos! I guess that means it's time for me to say adieu.

Until next time, thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Froggy frog frog! How cute! And thanks for the link to the music. I'm always on the lookout for new bands!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks♥